Family politics

My maternal grandmother died on Wednesday night. She was 82 and had been very ill for several years. We had been expecting her death for at least a year now so I'm not too traumatized by it. But like any good West Indian family there is lots of drama surrounding my grandmother's death. I would like to say that grief is making people say and do dumb things but I would be lying. My parents and one of my sisters leave for Barbados on Monday to referee the ensuing madness. I wish I could go as well but we've got too many doctor's appointments this week and not enough money for plane tickets. Ah well, it's for the best since I won't be tempted to saying anything mean and nasty to any misbehaving relatives if I'm not there.

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?