Saturday Stuff

It's Saturday, yea! I got to sleep in this morning, mostly because the kids were up late at a friend's house last night, so I didn't crawl out of bed until 8:20 AM. Been working on taxes all morning. I'm almost done. Now I'm taking a break so I don't go mad. I'm really lovin' those "tax cuts for the rich" that John Kerry (and other Democrats) keeps going on about. Who knew I was so rich? Keep your mits off of my "tax cut for the rich" Mr. Kerry. I wish New York state would pass some tax cuts for all of us working class "rich" people. At least I don't live in New York City any more though. They really squeeze every penny they can get out of come tax time down there.

Parableman's got an interesting discussion going at an old post on his blog. Some folks have apparently taken offense at his characterization of this portrayal of Condi Rice as racist.

Favourite comments: "Your comments in point 5 tell me that you probably don't know any black people, and if you do, you don't know them well, or know many of them, because it is such a generalization that it makes me wonder if YOU are racist."

And

"Jeremy, clearly you have at best, a 'laboratory' level of knowledge of african-american culture. Please take the time to make some black friends. Yes! Real black people! Not just the ones you have been seeing on MTV."

I take issue with the implication that we watch MTV. I thought about wading into the fray on my man's behalf but he's holding his own quite well so I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?