- No cavities! The boys had their first dental check ups this week and all went well. Ethan did everything he was asked to do, even if he was a bit squirmy in the dentist's chair. Isaiah protested quite loudly and they didn't even try to get x-rays of his teeth. But they were able to get a good enough look in his mouth (during a particularly loud wail) to determine that he was cavity free. What a relief! Sophia goes next week. She made out like a bandit collecting goodies from the staff after each of her brothers' appointments.
- I haven't got any cavities either.
- Haven't had to turn the heat on yet. I shudder to think what might be lurking in the heating vents. I've got to get the in-laws to have them professionally cleaned or we may be sick and/or cold all winter.
- The gorgeous fall colour is still on in full force. Usually by this time of year it's very nearly over in these parts but thanks to the unusually warm weather the fall display is still with us.
- Long weekend coming up. Apple picking, the zoo, long drive in the country, a walk in the woods, leaf collecting? Oh the possibilities!
- Homemade bread right out of the oven with lots of butter. Cue Homer Simpson-esque groan and drool now.
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
I Corinthians 13:4-8a
- Motherhood. In addition to being a human napkin I also get to be a human pillow/mattress.
What are you thankful for?