Can I tell you something. Got to tell you one thing. If you expect the freedom that you say is yours prove that you deserve it. Help us to preserve it or being free will just be words and nothing more.
Kansas, 1974

Friday, September 09, 2011

Tales From The Crib

Things heard in my house of late.

  • "I have to take your temperature. I have to take you temp," said the 3 year old to her 15 month old brother. She just had her yearly well-child check.


  • "Momma momma momma momma!" "Shawchit!"[Baby speak for "chocolate."] Baby boy has got his vocabulary priorities straight.


  • "Would taking the box out on the porch be humiliating?" I'm torn between pride that my 6 year old has a substantial vocabulary and concern that she even knows that word and how to use it.


  • "Underwear underwear underwear underwear underwear underwear underwear underwear underwear snuggie underwear underwear." The 9 year old messing with his Dynavox. Sometimes I think he's making music with the words.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment