What's in your pocket?

The other day I stuck my hands into my pockets and came up with an interesting assortment of items. They were (in my front left pocket) a digital thermometer, a blue ink pen, and (in my back right pocket) an afro pick. An odd collection perhaps but in my world it makes perfect sense. They just scream mom

I carry the pen so I can write notes to Ethan's teacher and therapists everyday before he heads off to school. I have the thermometer because some one always seems to be running a fever that I need to keep an eye on. I carry the pick around because my kids absolutely hate getting their hair combed. They will do anything to get out of it.  Combs always seem to mysteriouly disappear in our house. Brushes also disappear with disturbing frequency. If I have the pick always in my pocket I can sneak up on the boys and comb their hair when they're least expecting it. I always get some dirty looks after a sneak comb attack but at least their hair looks less disheveled for all of 5 minutes.

Today I added house keys, a $20 bill (to my left front pocket), and a pacifier (to my front right pocket). The pick has disappeared. I always make sure to grab my keys before I take Ethan out to the school bus. Isaiah locked me out of the house once and I have no doubt that he would do it again if given the chance. I always take keys with me when I leave the house now even if I'm just going to get the mail off of the front porch. My kids are way too smart for my own good. I found the twenty while I was doing the laundry. Doing laundry can be rather lucrative sometimes.

The pacifier I swiped from Isaiah. He's very attached to the thing and won't go without it unless we make him. I'm waiting for him to grow out of his addiction to the thing but he seems rather stubborn about it. We haven't bought him any bigger ones in the hope that he will get tired of fussing with something that is way to small for him.

Who knows what wonders my pockets will offer up tomorrow. So what's in your pockets?  And what do you think it says about you?

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?