RNC convention

Okay so I caved. I've been avoiding the RNC convention coverage like the plague but I got hooked tonight. Sis 2 has gone into hiding so dad can't bug her while he watches the speech. My thoughts so far:
On Pataki's speech: made me proud to be a New Yorker.
About the lead in to the President's speech: DANG they laid it on thick! They've got a great public relations team working for them.
About the speech itself: my brain's refusing to pay attention, it's heard it all before. Wait, what does he mean when he says he wants to reform the tax code?
On knuckle head protesters: why? Just why?
The end: well that wasn't so bad. Was it just me or did he get a little teary eyed at the end?

Now I just have to survive the debates (shudder). Bush, Kerry, Cheney, and Edwards all sniping at each other for our benefit on national television. Oh joy.

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?