Just try and stop me.

The feds are looking to sink their claws into blogs and muzzle the blogging citizenry. The Federal Elections Commission is considering extending its rules to bloggers on the internet. This is a really bad idea. What, are we gonna be China now? I haven't got time to deal with that kind of mess. What is wrong with these people? I will not comply with any regulations that seek to control what I say on my blog. That is my responsibility and my responsibility alone. Bloggers in America have been instrumental lobbyists on the behalf of bloggers in other countries who have run afoul of governments seeking to control what its citizens say. Will they soon have to return the favor to their American advocates?

What others are saying:
La Shawn Barber
Memento Moron
The Online Coalition blog, petition
Instapundit's always got something
Black Republican
Bunker Mulligan

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?