On Cindy Sheehan

I've lost three grandparents in less than two years. I've seen first hand that grief can do crazy things to people. My parents had to endure their siblings' misbehaviour leading up to and following my grandparents' deaths while dealing with their own grief. We assume that the behaviour of my parents' families was grief induced. If it wasn't then they were being just plain selfish and making a difficult situation even worse. People did things that they claimed were in the best interest of my grandparents but it was clear that they were looking to avoid responsibility and make themselves feel better about the situation.

All of this is to say that I know a bit about death and grieving. I don't know where Cindy Sheehan is in her grieving process but it is unfortunate that we have all been dragged into it. I wonder though, would Ms. Sheehan feel any better if the President did meet with her again so she could vent at him? I doubt it.

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?