Thankful Thursday

I've been thinking for awhile now that I should write about exactly who I'm being thankful to in these Thankful Thursday posts. I never seem to find the right words. Thankfully (heh) some have written some marvelous words for me.
Ascribe to the Lord Glory
A Psalm of David.

29:1 Ascribe to the Lord, O heavenly beings,
ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
2 Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name;
worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness.

3 The voice of the Lord is over the waters;
the God of glory thunders,
the Lord, over many waters.
4 The voice of the Lord is powerful;
the voice of the Lord is full of majesty.

5 The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars;
the Lord breaks the cedars of Lebanon.
6 He makes Lebanon to skip like a calf,
and Sirion like a young wild ox.

7 The voice of the Lord flashes forth flames of fire.
8 The voice of the Lord shakes the wilderness;
the Lord shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.

9 The voice of the Lord makes the deer give birth
and strips the forests bare,
and in his temple all cry, "Glory!"

10 The Lord sits enthroned over the flood;
the Lord sits enthroned as king forever.
11 May the Lord give strength to his people!
May the Lord bless his people with peace!

We sing a version of this song at church that I love. The women sing one part representing the voices of man and the angles, the men sing another representing the voice of God.
Revelation 1:5b-8

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood 6 and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

This is another passage that we sing at church with the women singing one part and the men another. Both songs give me chills and make me a little teary eyed when we sing them.

So today I'm thankful for/that:
  1. Ethan keeps his sister from playing in the toilet whenever she follows him into the bathroom. He does it by knocking her on her butt but I can live with that.

  2. Sophia Alexandria, she'll be one year old tomorrow.

  3. My sisters are coming to visit this weekend.

  4. The church women's retreat that I'm able to attend this weekend because my sisters are coming to visit.

  5. Hearing Isaiah sing, "Ah icky bicky pieger wah uh ah wahuh pow!" (Translation: The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout.)

  6. Lots of yarn to make warm pretty things for my family.

  7. The stove. It provides food and warmth in one fell swoop.

What are you thankful for?

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?