Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for/that:
  1. Unseasonably warm weather. We had to take a layer of blankets off of each bed and the kids were down to one or two layers of clothing.

  2. Friends, new and old.

  3. Umm, would it be un-Christian of me to be thankful that I'm not in France right now? Our vehicle isn't much but it would be a real pain in the neck to have it torched by a mob.

  4. Sophia has effectively slept through the night for three nights in a row and she seems to be back to two naps a day.

  5. The boys have been going to bed with out much fuss all week.

  6. The babysitter.

  7. Return to dance class this week. My ankle is still stiff and sore in places and I couldn't really manage the fancy foot work very well but it was good to get out and get moving. I'm limping off to the store all by myself with Sophia (she's refusing her nap this morning) today just to get out of the house.

  8. My heating pad and prescription strength ibuprofen. Both are great for a twisted ankle when you over do it.

  9. Being able to watch the boys play in leaf piles. Isaiah likes to grab handfuls to put in his hair while Ethan simply body slams any pile he finds.

  10. Isaiah said "more" unprompted twice at the park this week. He was on the swing and later asked for "swing" unprompted. All the other times he was prompted but that's a really big deal too since he just doesn't say anything that anyone would understand and never asks for anything.

  11. Ethan said, "more please" unprompted at the park and I easily got him to say, "more swing please mommy" once it occurred to me that I should try.

  12. Sophia saying "thank you" after hearing it repeated several times in a commercial by a Kurdish group promoting Kurdistan. They were thanking the US for liberating Iraq.

What are you thankful for?

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?