Video games I would love to read

I saw a commercial for Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (there are also Revelations and Battles of) and was practically salivating over it until I realised that it was just a video game. I out grew my lukewarm fascination with video games years ago (but not before I beat the Street Fighter Turbo game) but sometimes I wish that I thought video games were really cool. The stories behind many video games these days are really interesting. That's what caught my interest about this particular video game, the story. Two princes fighting for the control of their kingdom. One would presumably dominate the people and ruin the kingdom. The other would be a good and benevolent leader. The catch is that the two are one and the same.

Now if this had been the plot of a book I would have been all over it. So take a hint video game makers and start lining up some good sci fi/fantasy writers (or take a chance on a promising novice) to write books for you based on your video games. Graphic novels don't count. I mean books with all words and no pictures except for what's on the cover.

This, however, is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Bratz are Barbie's evil doppelgangers from an alternate reality. Creating a video game based on these things is a pretty transparent ploy to part the parents of little girls from their money. And it will probably work. Please don't ever write a book about these wretched little things. I might be tempted to burn it.

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?