Are you a heretic?

You scored as Chalcedon compliant. You are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.

Chalcedon compliant

100%

Pelagianism

50%

Nestorianism

33%

Modalism

33%

Monophysitism

33%

Arianism

0%

Apollanarian

0%

Adoptionist

0%

Docetism

0%

Donatism

0%

Albigensianism

0%

Monarchianism

0%

Gnosticism

0%

Socinianism

0%

Are you a heretic?
created with QuizFarm.com


Well that's relief! I was going to save this for my regular Frivolous Friday post but it was so interesting that I went ahead and posted it today. It is rather telling that most of the questions on this quiz (relating to some doctrinal conflicts in the first few centuries of church history) dealt with the nature of Jesus Christ. What you think about him really does colour the rest of the way you think about Christianity. I found myself going way back to things I learned as a child before I could read and write to decide how I would answer some of the quiz questions. Bits of hymns, catechisms, creeds, doctrinal statements, and scripture all floated to the surface of my mind. I was surprised and pleased to find that so much of that stuff has stayed with me over the years.

So are you a heretic or what?

(Via BadgerMum who is, thankfully, also not a heretic.)

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?