"You make me sick!"

It's been slow blogging lately so I'll blog about this. I've been fortunate in the years that I've been blogging not to receive any of the hate mail or much of the venom filled comments that other bloggers do. I've gotten a few of what I call drive by comments from individuals who just HAD to let me know how much they didn't like me or my blog. Those I have either ignored, deleted, or taunted (once or twice). Mostly I've just ignored and deleted the few really foul comments I've gotten. Honestly there is nothing more frustrating than being ignored when you're trying to throw a tantrum.

This morning I found the particularly incoherent and unoriginal screed linked above on this post from 2004. I considered responding either by commenting or deleting the comment but I decided to just leave it be. Later in the day I checked the blog to find several other steaming gifts from my new fan. Alright dude, you got my attention. But perhaps not for the reasons that you wanted it.

Your comments served to remind me that:
  1. "Whoever belittles his neighbor lacks sense, but a man of understanding remains silent."

  2. "The wise of heart will receive commandments, but a babbling fool will come to ruin."

  3. "The vexation of a fool is known at once, but the prudent ignores an insult."

  4. "There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."

  5. "A prudent man conceals knowledge, but the heart of fools proclaims folly."

  6. "Whoever is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly."

  7. "A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouths of fools pour out folly. The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good. A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit."

  8. "The heart of the righteous ponders how to answer, but the mouth of the wicked pours out evil things."

I was reminded of many other things as well but this is enough to ponder for now. In closing "James" thank you for reminding me of the consequences of not thinking carefully and not acting humbly.

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?