Mr. Gore Goes to Washington

Al Gore's testifying in Washington DC today about global warming. I can't decide which he makes me think of more, Chicken Little declaring that the sky is falling or a herd of lemmings heading for a cliff.

I caught a snippet of his baby with a fever analogy as I was doing some housework.
"The planet has a fever. If your baby has a fever, you go to the doctor. If the doctor says you need to intervene here, you don’t say, 'well, I read a science fiction novel that tells me it’s not a problem,' " Gore said. "If the crib’s on fire, you don’t speculate that the baby is flame retardant. You take action.

Which prompted me to think, if I think my baby's got a fever I'm not going to take him to the dude who says, "I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV." I'm certainly not going to follow the advice of someone who wants to amputate when soap and water or a cold compress will do. How's that for over doing an analogy?



David Roberts at the Grist Mill (a new find for me) apparently live blogged the thing. His occasionally amusing commentary can be found here.

I listened to an interview on the Diane Rehm Show this morning on climate change policy. It was interesting. A caller wanted to know what we would do about all of the cement factories that produce so much CO2. What indeed I thought as I drove under an overpass held up by some of that environmentally offensive material.

Cross posted at Say Anything: Reader Blogs.

Comments

  1. I've never been involved in political battles as brutal as fighting against the "global warming" believers.

    And, the sad fact is, the people with strong scientific backgrounds are the most strident. :(

    I got away with calling Bill Clinton a "cracka in a suit" in the barber shop, but I get TORCHED saying that there is no proof of human caused global warming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?