Can I tell you something. Got to tell you one thing. If you expect the freedom that you say is yours prove that you deserve it. Help us to preserve it or being free will just be words and nothing more.
Kansas, 1974

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Falwell's Legacy

(Cross posted at Say Anything: Reader Blogs.)

I think the best thing that I can say about Jerry Falwell is that he reminded all Christians that they had a responsibility to take part in American society, particularly in the political arena. He reminded America that all Christians were still part of its society. Christians have as much of a right and responsibility to shape American culture as anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. You will know who this is. I doubt that you would be able to find a christian to dispute your final sentence. However I do suspect that there would be quite some debate as to how this "right and responsibility" should be pursued.

    ReplyDelete