- Play dough. Its capacity to hold a child's attention is impressive.
- Isaiah decided to play teacher with me yesterday. He sat with me as the others were being put to bed and labeled the colours and shapes in his PECS binder. He wouldn't put the pictures back until I had repeated the name of the colour or shape after him.
- I've been taking Isaiah around the garden teaching him to deadhead the tickseed (Coreopsis). He's taken to the task with great enthusiasm. I still haven't gotten him to distinguish between the spent blooms and unopened ones so I have to watch him very carefully.
- Me: Isaiah, what is this?
Isaiah: Isaiah, what is this?
He's also been going around asking, "What colour is it?" to no one in particular. One of his new goals at school is identifying the colours of objects. We had a great time naming the colours of jellybeans yesterday.
- Ethan seems to be adjusting well to his summer school.
- Sophia has taken to telling us what Isaiah wants. Sometimes it's just what she wants and sometimes it really is what Isaiah wants.
What are you thankful for?