Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for/that:
  1. This exchange while I was reading to Isaiah before I put him to bed:

    Me: (pointing to a tree on the page) What colour is it?
    Sophia: It's orange!
    Me: (giving Sophia the I know you know this but I'm asking him look) Isaiah, what colour is it?
    Sophia: It's...(looks expectantly at Isaiah)
    It's...(still looking expectantly at Isaiah)
    It's...(still looking expectantly at Isaiah), orange!

    In case you miss the significance of this exchange after blurting out the answer Sophia then essentially tried to prompt Isaiah to answer my question. When he didn't take the bait she modeled the correct response for him. She's a budding therapist.

  2. Sophia: (running down the driveway towards me with her arms wide open) Mommy!
    Me: Sophia!
    Sophia: (just before she plows into me) I know.

  3. When I checked on Isaiah after putting him to bed tonight I found him laying and the floor on his back half under his bed. He looked up at me and very slowly and carefully said, "Sorry. My fault. My fault." I don't know what he was apologizing for but I took him to the bathroom just in case he was sorry for a mess he was about to make. His teacher tells me that he sometimes apologizes without prompting for knocking things over at school.

  4. A friend wrote to me this week, "Did you ever realise that the experiences you´ve had with Ethan and Isaiah would be helping a child and his parents across the globe...well...on the Equator?" Nope but it's nice that my experiences can help others. It takes the edge off of the bad stuff.

  5. The evening and night time insect choruses. Right now I can hear cicadas, crickets, katydids, and a few other insects that I can't identify yet. As it gets later the cicadas will call it quits for the night and the other insects will take over. It's amazing how something so small can make so much noise. Not unlike small children.

What are you thankful for?

Comments

  1. hilarious little people.. my little lady is too smart for her own good.. they all are.. you know they are plotting world domination...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?