Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for/that:
  1. Nap time. It helps me catch up on some of the sleep I have been losing because I've been coughing all night the last few nights. It also keeps Sophia from turning into the cranky three year old from outerspace.

  2. Cough drops. Although I'm getting to the point where I can't stand the taste of the things I'm glad I have them when I need them.

  3. Clean water. Ice cold to soothe a parched throat or steaming hot to chase away the chills, it's wonderful stuff.

  4. The humidifier. Hubby and I would probably sound a lot worse than we do if we didn't have that thing. Dry indoor winter air is a beast.

  5. The hot water bottle.

  6. Far away friends.

  7. The latches on the doors leading to the kitchen have encouraged Isaiah to try out that whole asking for what he wants thing. Somehow, "I want bagel" always comes out sounding like, "I want bacon." I know he actually wants a bagel because he's usually pointing at a picture of one when he says it.

  8. Ethan has so far not succumbed to the malady that has the rest of us sniffling and sneezing. He's cranky as all get out but at least he's not sick.

  9. The occasional surprised look Isaiah gets on his face when he sneezes. So cute.

  10. Me: Uuuugghhh. [Sniff, cough, cough, cough]
    Sophia: Here mommy let me get you some tissue for your nose. [She runs off to the bathroom and tries to rip one square of toilet paper off of the roll]
    Me: Just bring the whole roll dear.
    Sophia: Okay! [She eagerly runs back to the bed with the whole roll] Here you go mommy! Wipe your nose.
    Me: Uuugghh. Thank you dear.
    Sophia: You're welcome mommy!

  11. Sophia nearly beat me at checkers when I showed her how to play this week. Her stack of my pieces was bigger than my stack of her pieces by the time she lost interest. I wasn't helping her out that much.

What are you thankful for?

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?