- Ethan ended up at our family doctor's office sooner than was recommended by the ER docs. He sent us to an orthopedist who had Ethan's arm in a cast in about an hour.
- Ethan seems to be handling is first (and hopefully only) broken bone quite well. We have to keep dodging his cast though. He doesn't seem to realise that that thing really hurts when it makes sudden contact with unsuspecting body parts.
- Isaiah wasn't the one who fell off the jungle gym and broke his elbow. Ethan was just upset by the whole process. Isaiah would have been terrified.
- Modern medicine. There's been at least one person sick in the house since the beginning of December and we would have all been up a creek without the wonders of modern medicine to diagnose, treat, and/or cure our symptoms.
- Spring time. Sophia has been asking lately when it will be coming. All I can tell her is that it will come eventually.
- Central heating. I shudder to think of the time when the best you could do to stay warm in the winter was to sit a little closer to the fire pit.
- Isaiah is a really good listener. He actually stopped trying to wreck the house when I told him to. That may have been a function of being sick but it was nice to see any way. If only he could teach Ethan the knack of it.
What are you thankful for?