Parenting Adults

I've noticed that some people have a hard time parenting their adult children. It seems that sometimes parents don't realise that their little babies will grow up (or have grown up) to be adults. One of the things that I admire about many of my friends with adult children is that they recognise that the parenting approach has to change as a child grows older. They may not always get it right (which they freely admit which is another thing for which I admire them) but they do recognise the need to approach their adult children differently. So I found this rather interesting to listen to, When Should Financial Independence Begin?. It seems that a lot of parents and their adult children are having difficulty with that transition from child to adult.


Technorati Tags:
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?