- A combination of hubby's supper geek computer skills, his near pathological patience and persistence with electronic equipment, and God's grace and mercy saved us from a very expensive data recovery process.
- Ethan and Sophia building a time machine on the back porch.
- Isaiah: Pennygon. Pantygon. Pantygon. Pentagon! Pen Ta Gon! Pentagon!
Apparently there was a discussion about pentagons in his classroom sometime this week. Sometimes he reminds me of those language translator gadgets/programs that you see on scifi shows trying to learn a funky new language that is nothing like anything the show regulars have encountered before. The program/gadget struggles to learn the new language occasionally spitting out a word here or there that the regulars understand with the rest being unintelligible. Isaiah's going to take a bit longer than one episode to figure out this whole spoken language thing though.
- Jewel's beautiful smile, even if she's just smiling at the ceiling, the light fixtures, the wall, nothing in particular. She's about the age that Sophia was when she purposefully started smiling at me.
- Freedom and those who fought/fight to secure it for me and mine.
- Sacrifice. The sacrifice of mother, father, friend, the stranger I will never know. The ultimate sacrifice of God.
- Sleep. I'm not getting as much as I want but I'm getting enough. I feel like I'm getting more than I did when the other kids were this age (4.5 weeks).
What are you thankful for?