Can I tell you something. Got to tell you one thing. If you expect the freedom that you say is yours prove that you deserve it. Help us to preserve it or being free will just be words and nothing more.
Kansas, 1974

Friday, December 05, 2008

What did you say?

Things over heard in our house in the last few months.

***

Me: No touching the walls!
Ethan: I won't!
Auntie 1: Stop touching the wall!
Ethan: I'm not touching the wall. I'm painting the wall.

With reasoning like that he has a bright future, perhaps in treaty negotiations at the UN.

***

Sophia: There's no ham on this burger. Just two big pickles.

***

Sophia: Why are you smiling at me?
Me: You're a cutie pie.
Sophia: I'm not a cutie pie! I'm not even a pie. I'm a girl.

***

Me: Are you just giving these to me so you can get some more?
Sophia: Yes.

At least she's honest about her bribery.

***

Sophia: Mommy remember what God told you to do. God told you to put two kinds of icing on it.

We need to work on her understanding of theology a bit.
***

Isaiah: [After hubby picks him up.] You hands are cold!

Hubby reports that Isaiah said this with appropriate cadence and inflection. Every time hubby repeated this story Isaiah got a what-are-you-all-so-excited-about grin on his face.

***

Sophia: Holy macro Ethan! Cover your cough!

This was one of those moments where you calmly ask for the statement to be repeated before you go find a secluded corner to bust a gut laughing. She was so very serious when she said it.

***

Stay tuned for more kid sayings.Isaiah will be getting a Dynavox communication device soon. Things will surely be interesting as we all learn how to work with it.

1 comment:

  1. your children seem to have a fairly decent grasp on the ideas of semantics

    ReplyDelete