Can I tell you something. Got to tell you one thing. If you expect the freedom that you say is yours prove that you deserve it. Help us to preserve it or being free will just be words and nothing more.
Kansas, 1974

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Flag@whitehouse.gov Disabled

I'm a bit late to this party but my first response upon hearing that the powers that be in the White House finally got a clue and closed up shop on their fishing for "fishy" information my first thought was simply, good. My second thought was, didn't anyone on the President's staff see what a bad idea the whole thing was in the first place? As aggravated as the American people are why would anyone think it a good idea to ask them to inform on each other to the White House? The terms tin ear and tone deaf are coming to my mind as I contemplate the whole thing.

For the moment the White House seems to have gotten off lightly. Commenting on the first post I wrote about President Obama's attempts to utilize the internet to interface with citizens I said, "As far as the Obama admin. utilizing web tech now I think they're setting themselves up to be mauled by the tiger they're trying to ride when they try stunts like this." Flag@whitehouse.gov will hang over President Obama's head for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment