Merciful God in heaven

I've been letting life distract me from the Boxing Day Tsunami disaster. But today I sat down and watched the news and sampled the blog offerings. Lord have mercy. I'm too numb to cry about this. I might later on. At least this isn't something that we deliberately did to ourselves. I try to console myself by thinking that it could have been worse. Back in the day before cell phones, email, the internet, and 24 hour news channels the rest of the world might just now be finding out about this disaster. As it was the world roused itself to lend aid within hours of the disaster's occurrence. Thank God for that. I've spent the last few hours thinking about how I can help besides pray. We were blessed to receive more than we needed this Christmas so I'll be donating our Christmas money once I find the right charity. It's not much but it keeps me from feeling totally impotent.

Messy Christian is blogging about the disaster from Malaysia. Her latest post is a virtual prayer room. Here is a link to her first post about it. The death tolls reported then seem miniscule compared to what they are now.

Tim Blair provides a link to The South-East Asia Earthquake and Tsunami blog, "The SEA-EAT blog for short. News and information about resources, aid, donations and volunteer efforts." He also has a casualty list as of December 30, 2004 4:04 AM Australian time and links to some very moving photos.

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?