The power of a father's prayer

Brian B at Memento Moron is looking at life with out an apnea/bradicardia monitor for his newborn. This is going to cost him a lot of sleep as he goes through the new parent ritual of worrying about their sleeping newborn at night (why don't we worry as much during the day?). Brian's concern reminded me of my dad. As a kid I would often wake in the middle of the night to find my dad sitting at the foot of my bed praying. (You didn't think I knew you were there did you dad.) This was a man who worked three jobs AND went to school at the same time. He needed his sleep. Finding my dad sacrificing much needed sleep to pray for me taught me two things. It taught me how important prayer is and it showed me how much my dad loves me. Thanks dad. Good luck Brian.

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?