The Rundown

Hi Everybody! It's Friday!

As promised in my earlier post "See Shell Run" here is an update from Michelle Smith. To give a brief recap of the story so far, Michelle is in training to take part in a marathon (yep 26.2 miles) in June in support of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. We will be keeping track of Michelle's progress as she trains, and hopefully be able to gather support, monetary and emotional, for her.
Greetings everyone,

I just wanted to send you all an update on my marathon training for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I will be walking 26.2 miles in June in San Diego and have been exercising with my team every Saturday morning in Central Park. This week I am working toward the 10 mile mark!! We've gone as high as 8 miles, which I did in about 2 hours. Not too shabby, yah? By the end of the month, I'll have completed 13 miles in my training, a half marathon!

This past weekend, we went to a meeting with our Team In Training teammates and got a chance to meet with patients who battled leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma. Some of the patients were actually participating in the training program, one of them is in chemotherapy right now. It was great to see so many of them doing well and striving to help others.The money I raise for the marathon will go toward the mission of the Society to fund research for a cure and to support patients and their families.

Please lend your support and donate to the cause. Simply go to the link: http://www.active.com/donate/fundraise/tntnycMSmith

or write a check to "The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society" and mail to me at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society 475 Park Ave South, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10016.

Any amount helps. Thank you so much!

To learn more about the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society go here

If you or someone you know would like to prepare a message of support to be worn on Michelle's uniform on the day of the marathon, please send an email to see_shell_run@yahoo.com

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?