Frivolous Friday

I haven't had time to look for any silly quizzes to post. Today I'll just tell you a story instead. A few weeks ago I was at a late night function. When the evening was over I stepped outside breathing deeply of the cool crisp air. There was the taint of tobacco on the air. On my way to my car I passed the source of the taint. There was a woman standing near a dumpster smoking. She smiled at me and said, "It's nice to get out in the fresh air isn't it?" I smiled politely while I wondered if I should point out the irony of her smoking up the fresh air that she had sought. It wasn't worth it so I nodded and quickly hurried off to my car. At least she was polite enough to go outside and stand away from the building (in the rain no less) instead of smoking up the doorway.

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?