Flying the Lebanese flag

I saw a Lebanese flag flying from a house as I drove through the neighbourhood yesterday. I had to wonder what they thought the were saying by flying that flag. Were they encouraging the Lebanese people to resist Hezbollah's essentially using them as human shields? Were they trying to encourage the Lebanese government to take on Hezbollah themselves? Were they trying to encourage Lebanon to take back its sovereignty from Hezbollah? Were they trying to show disapproval of Israel for attacking Hezbollah even though Hezbollah is essentially using Lebanese civilians as humans shields?

I won't venture to offer any answers. I know nothing of the people in that house other than that they chose to fly the Lebanese flag at a time when Hezbollah has declared war on Israel from inside Lebanon's borders.

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?