Autism Research

As a parent of autistic children I would like to do as much as I can to help those who will come after. I hope that all of the things that I struggle through can some how help other parents of autistic children in the future. To that end I am always looking for research projects to get involved in. NPR recently highlighted the Kennedy Krieger Institute and its efforts to help parents find research programs.
Online Project Promotes Autism Research
Parents of children with autism are often part of online communities. Researchers at the Kennedy Krieger Institute in Baltimore have set up an online registry to involve families in research efforts. They've set up an online registry that allows people to provide data on autistic children.

One research site that I found on my own is the Autism Genetic Resource Exchange. This site allows families to be included in the many genetic studies being conducted.

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?