Thankful Thursday

So I was slogging along in my usual summer blogging slump when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows showed up on our doorstep shortly before noon last Saturday. Then I avoided my computer and the television like the plague because I didn't want any surprises spoiled. Hubby and I finished reading it last night and I seem to have been jolted out of the blogging blahs for a bit. So without further ado, today I am thankful for/that:
  1. Sophia seems to have decided that she really wants to do the big girl potty thing. She's been using the toilet in the bathroom regularly since Monday morning and this morning her training pants were bone dry. We celebrated by going on a shopping spree at the mall. The big girl needed some more pretty girly underwears.

  2. Watching the kids pilfer raspberries from the bushes in our backyard. They're so adorable wit their berry stained little mouths and fingers, so long as no one is wearing white.

  3. Good books, good stories, and the people who tell them so well!

  4. The good guys who are willing to die so that no one else has to.

  5. The road crews that have been working on our street for so many weeks might finally be getting close to done. Although it was fascinating to watch the big machines tear up the road surface like it was nothing but a crumbly cookie at seven o'clock in the morning I'd much rather be listening to the birds sing.

  6. Friends, they make life so much easier (sometimes).

What are you thankful for?

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?