Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for/that:
  1. Life.

  2. Not only did Isaiah want sauce on his pasta last night, he actually ate it. He even ate the meat in the sauce. This is a kid who would previously paint the table with his food if we forgot ourselves and put sauce on his pasta.

  3. According to his special ed teacher Isaiah is adjusting very well to his new classroom and effectively using his PECS binder to communicate with his teachers and aides. He's still a menace at home but I can live with that.

  4. Thanks to many, many, many, many viewings of the movie A Bug's Life over the summer Ethan is going through a budding entomologist phase. He wouldn't stay put at the library yesterday until I mentioned getting some books about bugs.

  5. Sophia seems to be the budding botanist in the family. She demands a leaf from every tree she passes.

  6. Sophia also seems to be a budding track star. I started "racing" her this week to give myself a break from having to carry her. Now she wants to race all of the time. I'm certainly getting my exercise.

What are you thankful for?

Comments

  1. My son was just the same about not eating pasta sauce when he was younger. When I cooked ground beef for spaghetti sauce, I put some of it aside and gave it to him without sauce.

    Then I started giving him a small plate of spaghetti with sauce, on a separate plate from the plain ground beef. After a while he got used to the sauce.

    Yay for Isaiah, eating something new! It's definitely something to be thankful for when children are more able to deal with new things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?