Thankful Thursday

I wrote this post and then forgot to put it up on the blog. I just found it (on 10/23/07) and I'm posting it anyway.

Today I am thankful for/that:
  1. Not only did Ethan clean is entire room yesterday unprompted, when he was done he went and cleaned his brother's room. If it hadn't been so much past his bedtime I would have given him the broom and turned him loose on the living room. A full 24 hours later his room is still pretty much spotless.

  2. Isaiah walked calmly and quietly through the Sam's Club store today. Then he remembered that dad was there and got cranky and wanted to be carried. In general Isaiah's becoming more comfortable with walking around in stores while holding my hand. So long as the shopping trip is short, we don't stand still for too long, and hubby doesn't get too close to him (Isaiah is such a daddy's boy).

  3. I am free to be as insulting to the American government and American-ness as I want. I'm not recommending being insulting just noting that I'm free to be if that were ever what I wanted.

  4. For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
    The verse comes from a letter of encouragement (and warning) written to those who were exiled in Babylon after Israel had been invaded. Read the whole chapter here.

What are you thankful for?

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?