Bible Meme

Hubby tagged me with this so here goes.

1. What translation of the Bible do you like best?

ESV, modern English that preserves so much of the poetic nature of the original texts. I love it.

2. Old or New Testament?

What hubby said, "Uh ... they're both the Bible. I spend more time in the Old Testament just because it's bigger and takes longer to get through."

3. Favorite Book of the Bible?

Proverbs. I just spent a few years going through Proverbs with my Bible study group. It really grew on me.

4. Favorite Chapter?

Isn't a favourite book enough?

5. Favorite Verse?

Proverbs 17:1. Not because it's particularly encouraging but because I've experienced it to be so true.

6. Bible character you think you're most like?

Most are so dysfunctional that I try not to be too much like any of them. Maybe Timothy's mom because her kid turned out alright (2 Timothy 1:5).

7. One thing from the Bible that confuses you?

I wouldn't say I'm confused. There are some details I don't get yet and may never get but I've got the basics so I don't worry enough about it to identify them.

8. Moses or Paul?

What for?

9. A teaching from the Bible that you struggle with or don't get?

Loving my neighbour. Sometimes I would rather strangle an unpleasant neighbour.

10. Coolest name in the Bible?

Melchizedek works for me.


I really don't feel like tagging anyone right now. Maybe later.

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?