Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for/that:
  1. I remembered to do this list before I fell asleep.

  2. Being able to turn the kids loose in the backyard to play with the garden hose and the kiddie pool.

  3. Picking home grown raspberries with hubby and the kids in the backyard.

  4. Laughter.

  5. We can still afford the things we need (kids really do grow like weeds, Ethan will shortly need a whole new wardrobe) and a few of the things we want (like a small toy shopping spree for the kids every few months).

  6. Paraphrasing my OB-GYN, "Any time you feel like going into labour now go for it." I'm trying to hold out until my order of purple flip flops arrives in the mail.

  7. Online shopping. Sure I don't get to fondle things in the store and cool off in AC that someone else is paying for but I can shop whenever I want, I don't have to worry about keeping the kids in line in public, and at the rate gas prices are rising shipping is sometimes cheaper than the gas to get to the store and back.

  8. Nonstop chatter from ALL of my kids, although their timing (Isaiah singing Sesame Street tunes at 5:30AM or Ethan and Sophia squabbling during the middle of prayer time at church) still needs a bit of work.

  9. Written instructions. We have a growing number of signs around the house that, thanks to Ethan's inability to pass up reading whatever he sees written down, may actually help keep the place clean and teach everyone that they are responsible for their living space. I'm sure future women friends will be thankful for the "put the toilet seat back down" signs now above the toilets.

What are you thankful for?

Comments

  1. Nice post..! I really like the way you are thinking about online shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?