Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for/that:
  1. A slightly cooler than usual August. The last time I was pregnant in August it was one of the hottest summers in recent memory. I'm rather relieved that I don't have to go through that again.

  2. The rain fed growth in my garden. Okay so it's all over grown because I haven't had the energy for yard work for the past month or so but the purple cone flowers are doing great this year. I'll try to get a picture of them up soon.

  3. Helping hands.

  4. Regular phone calls inquiring after my well being. Though I did answer one phone call this morning, "If you ask me if I'm still pregnant I'm hanging up." One can only tolerate hearing the question so many times before getting a little cranky.

  5. Caller ID so you know if it's safe to be cranky or if you have to try to be pleasant when you answer the phone, or if you shouldn't bother answering the phone at all.

  6. Back to school shopping! Although it doesn't hold the same excitement for the kids as it did for me when I was their age. Ethan and Sophia perked up a bit when we got to the backpack section of the Super Walmart though.

  7. My babies are growing up [sniff sniff].

  8. "Here mommy, let me help you." Even if the help isn't all that helpful it's nice that they care enough to offer.

What are you thankful for?

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?