Veteran's Day


As a kid before I came to the States we always wore plastic versions of the corn poppy on Rememberance Day. The colour always reminds me of the blood sacrifice of the men and women in the armed forces.


Thanks to you and your families for your service and sacrifice.

The mottos. I had my sister translate these for me.
Army Motto: This We'll Defend = Is nos mos vallo
Marine Corps Motto: Semper Fidelis = always faithful/loyal
Navy Motto: Semper Fortis =always brave/strong
Air Force Motto: Above All = Supremus totus
Coast Guard Motto: Semper Paratus =always prepared/ready

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?