Thankful Thursday

I got carried with cleaning today and completely forgot about my plan to do this first thing this morning. So before I forget entirely, today I am thankful for/that:
  1. I got some of the house cleaned up with the help of hubby and the kids.

  2. The kids helped clean up. Threatening to throw their stuff out if they don't pick up after themselves is proving quite effective. I've only had to throw out a few items to let them know that it's not an empty threat. (Said items will eventually make a miraculous reappearance though.)

  3. "Karen" who reminded me that getting the house cleaned up was something to be thankful for.

  4. The opportunity to laugh about the perpetuity of housework.

  5. Another year of life gone by. This getting older thing is, um,interesting.

  6. All of the lessons learned this year whether I liked learning them at the time or not.

  7. The opportunity to learn new lessons in the coming year whether I'll like it or not at the time.

  8. The growth and development of the kids over the past year.

  9. Jewel, the newest addition to the clan.

  10. The peace that lets one weather the storm.

  11. The grace and mercy that was shown to us that we can pass on to others.

  12. The knowledge that I am not alone and that others have walked this road before me learning a few tricks along the way that they can share.

What are you thankful for?

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?