What did you say?

Haven't had one of these in a while. Here is a selected reporting of things over heard in my house or said by the children when I was near by.

***

Sophia: Mommy why did Isaiah put part of the chocolate box in the toilet?

What had happened was, I sent Isaiah to throw something in the trash. Since he came back from the kitchen without it I assumed he had completed the task. Some minutes later Sophia declares that she's going to the bathroom and runs off. A minute or two go by and she comes running back to ask the above question. Isaiah apparently got lost on the way to the trash can and had to improvise.

***

Ethan: Oh! What are you making?
Me: I'm cleaning the stove but when I'm done I'm going to make mac and cheese.
Ethan: It's macaroni and cheese not mac and cheese.

Well excuse me.

***

Someone: What colour is the baby?
Sophia: Pink!
Me: What colour are you?
Sophia: [Looks down at her shirt.] Blue and purple!
Me: What colour is Mr. John?
Sophia: Black and green!
Mr. John: Just like a swamp monster.

***

Med Student in ER: So, what brings you here today?
Ethan: Umm, my mom.
Med Student in ER: [Pause] Okay, that's a good answer.

The med student made sure to more carefully construct his questions to Ethan after that.

***

Isaiah: Good bye! All done!

I was about to attempt combing his hair.

***

The following exchange took place last night as I was reading her a chapter from a Magic Tree House book.

Me: We're going to have to build you a tree house some day.
Sophia: Tomorrow?
Me: Uh, no.
Sophia: Saturday?
Me: No.
Sophia: Sunday?
Me: No dear.

A few minutes later after reading and talking about something else.

Sophia: Maybe you can build me a tree house on Monday.

I have a feeling I'm going to find her and Ethan out in the yard someday with my tools trying to build tree house on their own.

Comments

Popular Posts

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Rise Up In The Darkness

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?