Tales From The Crib

Things heard in my home of late.
  • At the beginning of Shark Week the almost three year old girl and the six year old girl insist, "When I grow up I want to be a shark diver!" By the end of Shark Week, "Ahhhhhh! I would definitely not go shark diving. I don't want to go shark diving." So says the almost three year old.



  • "I'll let you watch some grown up TV if you let me use the computer." My ten year old tries to bargain for computer time and doesn't quite get it right.



  • "I've got an angry face and I'm prepared to use it! Prepare to meet Mr. Angry Eyes!" Another gem from the ten year old.



  • "Mommy I've got 10 seconds of patience left." He was on a roll this week.



  • "I'm going to need a little bit of privacy in my room while I work on the rest [of your present]," says the six year old girl to the almost three year old girl.
    "Okay. Can I come with you?" asks the almost three year old.
    "Sure." They then proceed up the stairs to their room negotiating how the almost three year old will avoid seeing the present that the six year old is making for her.

  • Oh how could I forget this one!
  • "I need to go potty!" wailed the six year old in her most annoying little girl whine voice.
    Here slightly irate ten year old big brother declared succinctly, "Go find a tree."

  • Comments

    Popular Posts

    What's in a flower?

    Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

    Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?